Public Lands Transportation Fellows Application
2019 Public Lands Transportation Fellows Application Process
The Western Transportation Institute at Montana State University-Bozeman would like to announce that the application process for the 2019 Public Lands Transportation Fellows program is STILL OPEN.
(Note that job offers will be made contingent on funding appropriations and applicant qualifications).
The Public Lands Transportation Fellow program provides fellowships to outstanding graduates in a transportation-related field to spend eleven months working directly with staff of Federal Land Management Agencies on key visitor transportation issues. To find out more about the program in general, please click here.
We are currently seeking applications for Fellows at:
- Valle de Oro National Wildlife Refuge in Albuquerque, New Mexico
For additional information, please review the individual position descriptions above.
- Salary: $3,000/per month, total of $33,000;
- Benefits: Eligible for benefits;
- Housing: Please see individual position descriptions;
- Relocation Expenses: Up to $750 to and from unit for a maximum total of up to $1,500; and
- Federal Non-Competitive Eligibility Status: Fellows who complete their assignment will be eligible for federal non-competitive hiring status for two years following the completion of their fellowship. The Fellow, with the help of their supervisor, must demonstrate that specific minimum hours work requirements have been met.
Additional information is provided in the individual position descriptions above.
Please note that the following will be revised once a Valle de Oro Fellow is selected, but is provided as an example.
The Fellows position spans from July 8, 2019 to June 5, 2020. July 8-12, 2019 is a mandatory orientation in a location to be determined. July 15, 2019–May 8, 2020 Fellows will be stationed on site and May 9–June 5, 2020 Fellows will work on their final reports and webinars in a location of their own choosing.
Applicants to the Fellows program must:
- Be U.S. citizens, nationals, or lawful permanent resident aliens of the U.S.;
- Be 30 years of age or under by the start date; and
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree; however, the preference is for recent or soon-to-be Master’s degree graduates.
2019 Application Process
To apply for this position(s), you must complete and submit the following documents:
- Application cover sheet
- Employment application
- Candidate statement (more information can be found in application cover sheet above)
- Writing and/or graphics communications sample (more information can be found in application cover sheet above)
- Letter of recommendation (more information can be found in application cover sheet above)
Application Due Date
Applications for the Valle de Oro NWR position will continue t be accepted until the position is filled. Applications should be sent to Jaime Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications will be evaluated as they are received.
If you have questions, please contact Jaime Sullivan at (774) 571-3503 or email@example.com