Welcome to the 2020 CUTC Summer Meeting
Big Sky, Montana, June 8-10, 2020.
Join us where the wide open spaces and the big skies of Montana meet the heavily traveled, curvy two-lane roads to Yellowstone National Park. The influx of people from all economic levels, traveling many miles of roads through tribal lands and rural communities, has a huge impact on regional transportation costs, mobility and safety. Many other rural areas across the country share these transportation challenges: lack of alternate routes, limited public transportation, limited communication options, wildlife on the roadway, and difficult driving conditions. Learn how SURTCOM and other UTCs are forging partnerships with public/private agencies, NGOs, and their communities to overcome fiscal and institutional obstacles, and implement creative solutions to address some of the most critical issues of our time, like expanding transportation access and reducing road fatalities.
• Small Urban, Rural and Tribal Center on Mobility, (SURTCOM)
• Western Transportation Institute (WTI) at Montana State University
• Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute at North Dakota State University
• Urban and Regional Planning program at Eastern Washington University
The mission of the Small Urban, Rural and Tribal Center on Mobility is to conduct research and provide leadership, education, workforce development and technology transfer in all transportation-related aspects of mobility for people and goods, focusing specifically on small urban, rural and tribal areas.
Transportation between Bozeman Yellowstone International (BZN) Airport and the Big Sky Resort
Big Sky Resort is located approximately 50 miles from the Bozeman Airport. While there are several rental car companies that service the airport, Karst Stage also offers a shuttle service between the airport and hotel. In the summer, this trip normally takes 1 hour and 15 minutes and travels through the beautiful Gallatin Canyon. If you would like to book the Karst Stage Shuttle, we have negotiated a 15% discount for CUTC attendees bringing the round trip price to $82.05 and one-way price to $51.45 (includes airport fee). Please visit the online reservation portal and enter CUTC (all caps) to receive your discount.
Book your lodging with special CUTC rates:Several different room configurations/prices ($149 – $249 per night plus tax) are available for the CUTC summer meeting. Rooms can be cancelled up to 14 days prior to arrival with no penalty. Please note that the Big Sky Resort will be opening for the summer season on June 8th. NO reservations will be allowed prior to this date. Room rates do apply for 3 days following the close of the CUTC meeting if you wish to extend your stay. Individuals wishing to explore the area prior to June 8th may wish to stay at one of the many establishments in Bozeman or Big Sky (see the Pre-Conference Lodging Options below). There are two ways to make your reservations at Big Sky Resort:
- Via Phone: Call 1-800-548-4486 and ask for CUTC 2020. Attendees making reservations via phone will NOT be required to put down a 20% deposit (equivalent of 1 night’s stay).
- Online: Big Sky Online Reservations. Reservations made through the online system will require a 20% deposit (one night’s stay).
- Wilson Hotel, Big Sky | (406)995-9000
- The Lodge, Big Sky | (406)995-7858
- Homewood Suites, Bozeman | (406)587-8180
- The Lark, Bozeman | (866)464-1000